CMS Temporary Hospital Allowance for Freestanding Emergency Centers
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, CMS has issued temporary permission to Freestanding Emergency Centers (FSEC) to participate in Medicare by either affiliating as an outpatient department of an acute care hospital, or by temporarily enrolling as a hospital directly with Medicare. Either option will give an FSEC the ability to bill Medicare for services rendered.
But there’s a catch! Your FSEC must meet applicable Medicare Conditions of Participation for Acute Care Hospitals. Failure to do so could result in removal from the program and loss of associated revenue.
Most FSEC’ are not designed and managed to run like a hospital. That’s where CIHQ can help. We’re a CMS approved Medicare certification accreditor for hospitals, and the nation’s only accreditor with a specific program for FSEC’ endorsed by the American College of Emergency Physicians. In short… we understand both worlds!
CIHQ has a wealth of tools and resources that can be made available to your FSEC to meet the federal requirements. For a one-time fee of $1,000, your FSEC will receive access to the following for a full year:
- Notification of changes to the CMS Conditions of Participation or interpretive guidance
- Complimentary access to monthly webinars on “hot button” compliance issues
- Unlimited access to the CIHQ-ARS electronic resource library of template policies and other compliance tools
- Unlimited phone and email support for standards and regulatory interpretation
- Unlimited access to the CIHQ-ARS reference library
- Unlimited access to the CIHQ-ARS continuing education center
- Unlimited access to the CIHQ-ARS staff training center
- Visit benefits of membership for detailed information
Enrollment is simple and access is immediate. DON'T DELAY!
This opportunity will only last as long as the public health emergency is in effect.